Welcome to iPad Darkroom — my new blog highlighting apps, tools, and techniques for using Apple’s iPad as a mobile digital darkroom. It’s still a little rough around the edges, but things will fill out over the next few days.
As you will see by scrolling through some of the posts here already, this will be a fairly focused blog.
But I will, on occasion, profile other news or items of interest to anyone using the iPad for digital photography post production. Though if the much rumored iPad 2 ships with a camera, this will change 🙂
Did you say contest?
Actually I didn’t, but that won’t stop me from having one!
My good friends at MacPhun have graciously provided me with a few codes to two great apps I use in my iPad Darkroom — Photo Pal and the recently updated FX Photo Studio HD. More details on the contest here.
My blog is your blog
So, I’ve laid the groundwork for this exploration into mobile digital darkroom tech. What should we talk about? What do you want to see here? Let me know, and if you’ve got some apps you’d like me to look at or share with others, please feel free to comment or ping me directly using the Contact page.
I’m in the middle of a two part series on my digital photography and iPad Darkroom workflow over at the Future Shop tech blog. While I think I have a pretty good digital workflow that encompasses my iPad, I’m thinking that there are probably other very excellent workflow ideas out there.
So, to entice some feedback and learn from you a bit, I thought I’d offer out a few prizes from our fine friends at MacPhun, a few download codes to Photo Pal and FX Photo Studio HD.
How to enter:
- Leave a comment below, on this post, describing your digital darkroom photo workflow on your iPad. Or if you don’t have one yet, describe how you think you’d use a ditital darkroom on your iPad.
- Note which app you would like to win, should your entry be selected (iPhone, iPad, Doesn’t matter)
- Winners will be selected based on entirely arbitrary criteria I’ve not established yet 🙂 Make your submission interesting and / or informative and you’ll have a better chance at collecting one of these sweet apps.
- Contest ends Thursday February 17th at Midnight MDT. Winners will be selected and contacted via email on Friday February 18th.
- One comment / entry per person. Duplicates will disqualify all entries by that person.
- Feel free to promote, facebook and tweet about this contest, it could help your chances 🙂
There, that wasn’t too hard was it? Thanks!