Sorry, couldn’t resist the pun.
Earlier today the much awaited update to FX Photo Studio HD was released in the Apple app store.
FX Photo Studio HD is an enhanced and iPad optimized version of FX Photo Studio (for iPhone and iPod Touch) which I’d written about previously.
A few of the features added in this update that I really like are:
- The ability to save your image edits and effect modifications as presets which you can then share with other FX Photo Studio HD users. This also means you can import their cool presets and apply them to your photos.
- Social Network sharing now includes Tumblr — which many people use as a photoblog
- Printing from the iPad — a potentially cool feature that I’ve yet to try — I haven’t had the update long enough to get near my home printer
But here’s the full list of updates and fixes in this version, from the developer:
- Sharing to Twitter fixed
- Crashes fixed
- Improved preview quality
- Faster image processing
- Major user interface improvements
- Documents folder for easy image sharing between iPad and computer
- Build in Printing option
- Adjustable parameters for all effects
- Saving effect mixes to Presets
- Sharing of Presets
- Tumblr sharing
- Image resizing option when posting online
- Image resizing tool
- Possibility to add text, while sharing images via Facebook, Twitter, Flickr
- 41 new photo effects
So if you’ve been looking for a solid photo editing app to add to your digital darkroom suite or looking for a great way to start setting up your digital darkroom on your iPad, do consider FX Photo Studio HD.
Right now, it’s even a bit of a deal as the developer has dropped the price to introduce this update.
And here’s a promotional video of the app prior to this new updated.
[ad#Future Shop Attribution Footer]