It must be update day for the iOS photo app developers. Not only did FX Photo Studio HD get an update to day, so did Camera+
This is a very cool camera app for iPhone, though you can use it on the iPad for image editing and sharing. One of the neatest features on the iPhone is the ability to specify the zone where the light meter will read, separate from the zone where the auto-focus will read.
Here’s what’s new (from the developers):
Camera+ 2.1: Performance, stability, and robustness, oh my!
For Camera+ 2.0, we added over 50 awesome, new features]. For version 2.1, we’ve switched gears and worked hard to make the overall experience of using the app much more pleasurable. We made a whole bunch of speed improvements so everything feels zippier. We fixed many niggling bugs so the app now has a much more solid feel to it. And we added many little features and user interface improvements so that it’s much more intuitive and more of a delight to use.
One thing we didn’t focus on for 2.1 is any revolutionary, new features. But you’ll definitely want to come back soon for version 2.2. That’s all we’ll say about this for now. 😉
1. PERFORMANCE!! Many areas of the app have been significantly optimized, especially effects processing. You’ll see vast improvements when trying out the different effects/borders and when saving/sharing photos that have effects applied.
2. MOAR CAMERA BUTTON!! We’ve added several more instances of the camera button so that you can instantly get to shooting from almost anywhere in the app.
3. We’ve changed the icon for multi-select so that it’s at least 473% more understandable. Yes, it’s inconsistent with what Apple does in the Photos app, but it actually makes sense now. You’re welcome.
4. You can now choose the order which your photos will be shared.
5. We’ve added options so that you can have your photos automatically saved to your Camera Roll as you shoot them.
6. The usability of the Info panel has been substantially improved and is now much more consistent with the rest of the Lightbox (ok, ok… we moved a couple of buttons, but we promise that you’ll quickly adjust to the new layout and you’ll like it much better before long).
7. You can now get info on photos from the Lightbox without having to zoom them first.
8. We added a menu option to turn geotagging on and off.
9. You can now tap-and-hold most buttons to display an associated action sheet with additional options.
10. The Copy button has been removed from the zoomed photo toolbar and has been replaced as a tap-and-hold popup.
11. We fixed a bug where photo previews were incorrect when an effect on them was set to a level less than 100%.
12. Location services are now only active when you’re in the camera view, saving precious battery life (thanks, jL Fotography).
13. Geotags and metadata are now retained when emailing photos.
14. The Pinhole effect has been dramatically improved.
15. We’ve improved the quality of several of the effects.
16 Vintage, Offset, Film, and Sprockets borders have been improved.
17. Most of the analog-style effects have more of a random feel to them now.
18. We fixed a bug where some people were having trouble sharing their photos on TheFaceBook.
And there are many, many other minor improvements and bug fixes in this release.
You can check out Camera+ at the app store (currently on sale).